Monday, July 5, 2010

I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.

On Friday, June 4, 2010, I graduated from Cannon Falls High School with my meager class of 102 students.  For as long as I can remember, I had been waiting for the moment when I could leave high school behind and move into a future of higher education.  Entering the coming times however, is like driving without a map; you can try to follow the direction of the sun, but you never really know where you’re going. 
In my senior year, I was certain of my plan: apply and get excepted to a good school, get good scholarships, major in art education, then live a long fruitful life.  After graduation, I began questioning this decided path.  I had always done acting through school and had enjoyed it.  Did I want to pursue acting as my career?  I also have a love of Japanese culture.  Do I want to teach English in Japan?  I’m at a crossroads.  At this point I’m just telling myself, “Adventure is out there,” and it doesn’t matter the path I take.  What matters is the kind of attitude I have and making the most of my experiences.  A journey is not forever.  You can always make a U-turn.  It is my path, my life.  “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.”

No comments:

Post a Comment